Enrolment Number: 170 Admission Number: 24
YEAR APPLICATIONS ADMISSIONS
2013/2014 26 26
2014/2015 28 28
2015/2016 24 24
2016/2017 19 19
Actual enrolment in September 2016: 171 pupils aged 4-11 years (Boys/Girls)
Expected enrolment in September 2017: 170 pupils aged 4-11 years (Boys/Girls)
School Management Type: Controlled
RESPECTIVE FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS AND PRINCIPAL IN RELATION TO ADMISSIONS
The Board of Governors draw up and apply the criteria for admissions.
When considering which children should be selected for admission, the Board of Governors will only take into account information which is detailed on or attached to the application form. Parents should therefore ensure that all information pertaining to their child and relevant to the school’s admissions criteria is stated on the application form or attached to it.
1. Children of compulsory school age.
2. Children who will have brothers or sisters in attendance during the 2017/2018 school year.
3. Children whose brothers or sisters previously attended the school.
4. Sons or daughters of permanent employees at the school.
5. Children for whom the school is the controlled primary school nearest to their home.
6. Preference will be given to children with special circumstances (social, medical or other problems) that necessitate admission to Brackenagh West PS rather than any other primary school. The circumstances should be personal to the child and must be supported by independent and appropriate documentation, providing evidence of the circumstances being described as being exceptional.
7. The remaining places will be allocated on the basis of the proximity of the child’s home to the school, priority being given to those living nearest to the school.
Criterion 7 will also be used to discriminate within any oversubscribed criterion (except criterion 1)
DUTY TO VERIFY
The Board of Governors reserves the right to require such supplementary evidence as it may determine to support or verify information on any application form. If the required evidence is not provided to the Board of Governors by the deadline given, this will result in the withdrawal of an offer of a place. Similarly, if information is supplied which appears to be false or misleading in any material way, the offer of a place will be withdrawn.
WAITING LIST POLICY
The school does not operate a waiting list.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA (P2-P7)
The Board of Governors will apply the following criteria to identify which children should be admitted (P2-P7) on transfer from another school.
* Children of families who have moved into the district (provided that no class size is unduly increased by so doing). If oversubscribed the above criteria will be applied.
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
In all cases of children with special educational needs it is essential that the needs of the child are drawn to the attention of the school before admission.
ARRANGEMENTS FOR ADMISSION
During the summer term 2016 children to be admitted to P1 in September 2016 will be invited to the school with their parents to meet the teacher and to be provided with additional information.
* Anyone requiring an application form should contact the school. The closing date for submitting application forms (for admission in September 2017) is Wednesday 11th January 2017 at 12 noon. Please note that application forms must be submitted to the first preference school.