Parents wishing to apply for a P1 place for 2020/21 should visit eani.org.uk between 7th and 30th January 2020 to complete the online application process.
Enrolment Number: 170 Admission Number: 24
Actual enrolment in September 2019: 168 pupils aged 4-11 years (Boys/Girls)
Expected enrolment in September 2020: 168 pupils aged 4-11 years (Boys/Girls)
School Management Type: Controlled
RESPECTIVE FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS AND PRINCIPAL IN RELATION TO ADMISSIONS
The Board of Governors draw up and apply the criteria for admissions.
During the admissions procedure when applying the criteria punctual applications will be considered before late applications are considered. The application procedure opens on 7 January 2020 at 12noon (GMT) and an application submitted by the closing date of 30 January 2020 at 12noon (GMT) will be treated as a punctual application. An application received after 12noon (GMT) on 30 January 2020 will be treated as a late application.
When considering which children should be selected for admission, the Board of Governors will only take into account information which is detailed on or attached to the application form. Parents should therefore ensure that all information pertaining to their child and relevant to the school’s admissions criteria is stated on the application form or attached to it.
1. Children of compulsory school age.
2. Children who will have brothers or sisters in attendance during the 2020/2021 school year.
3. Children for whom the school is the controlled primary school nearest to their home.
4. Looked After Children (LAC)
5. Children who have attended Brackenagh Busy Bees Playgroup in their final pre-school year.
6. Preference will be given to children with special circumstances (social, medical or other problems) that necessitate admission to Brackenagh West PS rather than any other primary school. The circumstances should be personal to the child and must be supported by independent and appropriate documentation, providing evidence of the circumstances being described as being exceptional.
7. The remaining places will be allocated on the basis of the proximity of the child’s home to the school, priority being given to those living nearest to the school.
Criterion 7 will also be used to discriminate within any oversubscribed criterion (except criterion 1)
DUTY TO VERIFY
The Board of Governors reserves the right to require such supplementary evidence as it may determine to support or verify information on any application form. If the requested evidence is not provided to the Board of Governors by the deadline given, this will result in the withdrawal of an offer of a place. Similarly, if information is supplied which appears to be false or misleading in any material way, the offer of a place will be withdrawn. Documentation submitted in support of your application should be provided directly to the school of first preference.
WAITING LIST POLICY
The school does not operate a waiting list.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA (P2-P7)
The Board of Governors will apply the following criteria to identify which children should be admitted (P2-P7) on transfer from another school.
* Children of families who have moved into the district (provided that no class size is unduly increased by so doing). If oversubscribed the above criteria will be applied.
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
In all cases of children with special educational needs it is essential that the needs of the child are drawn to the attention of the school before admission.
ARRANGEMENTS FOR ADMISSION
During the summer term 2020 children to be admitted to P1 in September 2020 will be invited to the school with their parents to meet the teacher and to be provided with additional information.
Thursday 19th December 2019 - EANI will publish information on its website about the P1 admission procedure and admissions criteria for schools.
Tuesday 7th January 2020 - P1 application procedure opens at 12 noon, with an online portal available from EANI.
Parents wishing to apply for a P1 place for 2020/21 should visit eani.org.uk between 7th and 30th January to complete the online application process.
Thursday 30th January 2020 (online portal closes 12 noon) - Final date by which parents must submit their online application form
Friday 7th February 2020 (Not later than 12 noon) - Date and time by which parents can provide documentation to their first preference primary school in support of their application (e.g. birth certificate or other information, as per the admissions criteria of the parent’s selected preference).
Wednesday 29th April 2020 - Parents are informed of the outcome of their application and told which school their child will be attending in September.
Monday 22nd June 2020 - Parents and child invited to visit BWPS to receive information prior to the start of school in September 2020.